Products I Regret Buying

2 comments
I think that this is a blog post I really don't want to write simply because I'm in denial about not loving a product I've brought. Nothing is worse than spending money on a product especially when it's high end and end up not liking it. The products I'm mentioning today aren't exactly awful products, I just find myself not reaching from them regularly enough to enjoy. 


Stila Lip Glazes 
I got this Stila Lip Glaze set about a year or so ago and they are just so meh. Whilst some of the colours are gorgeous, they are just gloopy and sticky that they just feel rather horrible on the lips. Occasionally I reach for these but usually always pick another gloss over these, I also hate the application of these glosses, the twist up pen never works for me, I either have too much product or not enough. 

Models Own HyperGel polish
The colour of these Models Own polishes are gorgeous but the formula is horrible, the polish literally lasts about half a day before chipping or peeling off my nails, considering this is a 'Gel' formula polish its pretty disappointing. 

E.L.F Studio Lipstick in Nicely Nude
Another product where I love the colour just not the formula! This lipstick applies very streaky and takes a lot of blending with my finger to look nice on the lips. You can't expect much for a few quid but I'd rather spend a bit more money on a MAC lipstick or something as good. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in Dark Brown
I've only just got this today and I already dislike it. After spending ages researching shades I finally settled on Dark Brown, its way too dark for me, boo! I'm kind of disappointed in the shade range available in the UK as there is only really Blonde or Dark Brown with nothing in-between for us medium shade girls. I'm on the fence about now ordering Blonde as I feel as though it will be too light for my brows. All is not lost though as I will save this for my freelance kit as I'm hoping to start building this up soon. 

Benefit High Beam
Although I love a good highlighter and I  love this highlighter, the MeMeMe dupe is even better than the real thing and at only £5.50 its much cheaper than the £19.50 for High Beam. This isn't a bad product and if you are a fan of benefit I recommend this if you are looking to splurge. 

MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle 
I don't understand why I don't use this blusher. Its absolutely gorgeous, I just never seem to reach for it. I've had it for a good few years and haven't even made a dent in it yet. 

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 03
Looking at swatches only this looked such a gorgeous colour but it just looks like dodgy foundation lips on me. I've kept it to use a base colour but I just wish I could pull of this sort of nude on its own. 

Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner
Okay I didn't exactly buy this product it was a free sample but I just hate this, now I know hate is a strong word but I cant even get a line out of this eyeliner let alone a decent line, its just clumps up and creates on big smudge on my lid. If you have any tips on applying this do let me know. 

Urban Decay Lipstick in Streak
I want to love this lipstick but I just don't. It just is quite a dry lipstick so is difficult to apply, it just becomes all streaky on my lips and just doesn't look great. It looks good with lip gloss paired over the top but without it just looks awful. 

Do you love any of these products? 
What products do you regret buying? 
Katie xx



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. I am so glad I have found someone else that didn't like Benefit's High Beam. It is really overrated in my opinion and like you said, there are far more affordable dupes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I find almost too glittery and silver based. Much prefer the MeMeMe dupe!

      Delete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig